Thursday, April 8, 2010

MY GARDEN!!!




Ok, so this post may be a little premature - I don't know if I can call this a garden quite yet, but it sure is the makings of one. After dinner on Easter Sunday I went back with my Aunt and Uncle's house to check out the spot in their backyard they had sectioned off to start a vegetable garden. I loved the idea of having all herbs and vegetables at my disposal. I mentioned this idea to Rob and yesterday he surprised me with the makings of our very own! He went to Home Depot and picked up green peppers, sweet peppers, cherry tomatoes, plum tomatoes, basil, and cilantro - I can taste the fresh summer salsa already! I've grown freakishly attached to these tiny plants so I'm sure this won't be the last post on my Summer garden, unless I accidentally kill them all, in which case I'll be sure to never mention it again!


It looks like I'm not the only blogger who has a desire for a green thumb this summer, check out good life {eats} and follow along with all her posts and recipes from her garden!

6 comments:

Edie Lively said...

The basil looks beautiful!

Kiira Leess said...

i'm printing this last picture and framing it.

Arax-Rae Van Buren said...

I'm very excited about the basil. I see fresh pesto in my future!

Carey said...

good work on the bee-bo, friend. last picture is the cuteness.

Carey said...

by bee-bo, I meant beer. Sorry; Wodehouse speak.

Arax-Rae Van Buren said...

Carey, I was right there with you girl - we must speak the same language!