Tuesday, March 9, 2010

MANICure Monday


For this week's #MANICureMonday I decided to go with OPI's new Axxium Soak-Off Gel Lacquers. I've gone on the record to say that I'm not a fan of OPI products, but just H&M has recently risen to the top of my list replacing F21, it looks as though OPI is quickly finding a place in my heart.

Here's the deal with the gel. It goes on thick and dries instantly under UV light. You are able to choose from 25 OPI shades, but most places will blend colors together until you find the shade you love. The gel is meant to last for 2 weeks without chipping and I've heard that many women can actually push it to 3 weeks. Personally, my nails grow very quickly so 2 weeks as long as I can go without having them look grown out. This isn't the process where they fill them in, once your two weeks are done you soak the gel off and start completely over. The Axxium Gel Manicure should cost you between $30-$35. The spa I go to charges $40, but they also give you a back massage the ENTIRE time it takes to apply the gel - and I'm a sucker for a back massage.



A little trick for making your gel look fresh longer : Try going with a more neutral shade. This way a little growth won't be noticeable.

Luxx
Nail & Spa
1701 Post Rd.
Westport, CT
203-254-7744


2 comments:

Brittany said...

I was thinking of starting a weekly blog post and title it Manicure Monday, so I googled it assuming it's already been done and I found your blog. Super cute!

Brittany from lattelovemommy.com

jenniebean said...

Hi, what color of OPI Axxium did you use?