Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Betty Lou's Nut Butter Balls via ABC


I never blog about nutrition on K&T. Not that I don't think it is extremely important, it's just that I believe in preaching what I practice - which in my case is a daily dose of plain bagel. But I have to admit that having Ashley B. Christie, a best friend who is also a nutritionist, lends itself to gaining knowledge of this topic almost through osmosis. For instance the discovery that was made the other day while at Ikea:

"Do I want a cinnamon bun or slice of pizza?" K&T asked while throwing a bag of frozen Swedish meatballs into an already over stuffed cart.
"Are you serious?" - ABC
"Yes. I'm starving." - K&T
"What you are is disgusting. And not eating either. Try this!" - ABC

And out Ashley B. Christie pulled a Betty Lou Nut Butter Ball from her slouchy leather Prada. Let me tell you - I'm not a fan of any health bars - I've actually never found a single one I could stomach, but the Almond Betty Lou Nut Butter Ball tastes like the filling inside an almond croissant (read: amazing. And please note the carb reference). This is the perfect snack to keep in your desk at the office or even in your bag + they are high in protein and fiber, as well as being gluten free, whatever that means ....

In other related news - be sure to check out Ashley B. Christie's new blog and follow her on twitter!

4 comments:

ABCAshley said...

You have me laughing as I read your account of the nut butter ball discovery! Thanks bff!

yahoo said...

生活盡可低,志氣當高潔........................................

Arax-Rae Van Buren said...

I can't wait to get my order! I can taste them already!

Edie Lively said...

I got your nut balls, right here!