Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Which Wellies?

Hunter Wellies on the left, Sperry Shearwater on the right

After a weekend of walking around in the rain in Kennebunkport, I've decided its time I invest in a pair of rain boots. I stopped off at Plaza Too today in Westport and tried on a few different pairs and narrowed it down to these two.

First up, the Hunters : I'm a little hesitant to purchase them just because everyone I know has a pair, which is why I'm more inclined to buy the lace up ones. I was trying them on this afternoon with a pair of leggings and they looked adorable. There is no inside lining, but they were definitely the cutest on.

Then there's the Sperry Shearwater: I really liked these because they are lined on the inside. I'm all about warmth and comfort. I loved the way the Sperry's looked loose, but not crazy about the look when they are completely laced up. Also, the girlfriend I was shopping with today (this camo lover will remain nameless - but you know who you are) wasn't crazy about the plaid. Personally I didn't mind it all that much.

From a price standpoint they were very comparable, the Hunter's were $120 and the Sperry's were $90, not really enough of a variance to make the decision an easy one.

Since the holidays are upon us, and we are all in the spirit of giving, I was hoping that you all would give me a little help making this decision! The choice is yours, whichever pair gets the most votes will be the pair I purchase!


Purchase will be made Thursday (aka. PAYDAY!)

1 comment:

heykaren said...

I am heavily invested in many pairs of rain boots as I love them. And we get some big rains 3/4 of the year here in Texas. And I still get a big kick out of splashing in the puddles! If the warm ones stay dry on the inside then go for those. And they are a bit different than the others (that everyone has).

I just bought some that look like crocodile skin. How appropriate.