Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Leftovers

One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving are the next day leftovers! This Thanksgiving, inspired by last years Balducci's sandwich, I convinced everyone that we needed to get a little creative with our Thanksgiving - leftover- Sandwiches with the addition of fried stuffing patties. We had a ton of stuffing in the fridge, so I molded the left overs into patties; Each was about the size of a small hamburger (e.g. crab cake). A fried up stuffing patty went on my sandwich along with some cranberry mayo, gravy, and turkey. Once all compiled, I slathered both sides with some butter and fried that bad boy up! Butter. Butter. Butter. Fry! Fry! Fry!

I molded the cold stuffing into patties and placed them on wax paper.


Then I heat up a non-stick pan, added a little butter, and fried the stuffing patties for about 4 minutes on each side.


We busted out the rest of the leftovers. Clockwise starting at the bread... carrot souffle, stuffing muffins, turkey, cranberry mayo, regular mayo, cranberry sauce, salad, and the star of the show... the stuffing patties!


A little Canadian Labatt's Blue.


And Thanksgiving leftover dinner was complete!


Needless to say I was a proud member of the clean plate club.... again.

3 comments:

JaxRolo said...

You have a great Blog. I enjoy your articles.
Plus you are beautiful!

halle.thurnauer said...

You can also do this with mashed potatoes--I did on Sunday morning with a little egg white scramble--DELISH!

Arax-Rae Van Buren said...

YUM Halle - I love that Idea!!!!