Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sesame Wasabi Cream Cheese Spread

It is time I confess my darkest sin: My secret game. It's called, "What can I dip in cream cheese?". My love for cream cheese runs so deep that even though I have recently given up dairy products completely I still have, not 1, but 2 containers of cream cheese in my fridge. It's a problem. I am well aware. And I am not lying about this game I play. Around 10:30 every night I tip-toe into the kitchen, as to not awake my dairy-cutting-fast-walking-carb-crunching-self, bust out the container of cream cheese and start scouring for what I can dip into it. Sometimes it's a pretzel, sometimes it's a club cracker...the other day I was so desperate that I actually caught myself dipping oyster crackers into the container. It's an addiction.

Just when I thought my love for cream cheese couldn't run any deeper, BAM, I was introduced to the most amazing cream cheese dip. Of. My. Life. Today was the welcoming party for the newest addition to our family, Baby Gavin. Everyone headed to my Aunt's (read : the younger, prettier, funnier Martha Stewart) to chow down. Knowing the spread that she lays out I went hungry. I sat myself down in front of a plate of coconut shrimp with a glass of sangria, look over to the left, wait! what is that? It looks like some sort of cream cheese dip... and soy sauce? YES! Cream cheese, soy sauce, and wasabi paste... oh my. I know it sounds crazy but it blew my mind. Feel free to trust me completely on this matter, because after all, I am the self appointed expert on cream cheese.


Sesame Wasabi Cream Cheese Spread

1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 to 3 tablespoons Wasabi paste
2 tablespoons sesame seed, toasted
Assorted crackers


Place cream cheese in shallow dish. Cut cream cheese horizontally down the middle. Spread Wasabi paste all over, then place cream cheese top back on. Pour soy sauce over cream cheese; let stand at room temperature about 2 hours, turning over occasionally.
Remove cream cheese from soy sauce and "roll" in sesame seed.
Cover carefully with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serve with crackers.

No comments: