Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Lime Restaurant


I'm a big proponent of healthy eating, but when it comes to eating out I rarely go into a meal counting calories or asking myself if they are using organic dairy products. My Mother on the other hand... not so much. It was her birthday this past week and her one request was that we go to The Lime Restaurant. From the outside it may look like a small hole in the wall joint, but don't let that fool you, they have won Best Vegetarian Restaurant in Connecticut 1999-2008 and I have a sneak suspicion that title isn't going anywhere. I ordered the scallops in an artichoke, garlic and lime sauce. The sauce was a little too much artichoke and lime and not enough garlic. Over all the food was good. Not outstanding. But a solid good. Good and cheap. The real hero of the meal was the bread. I quickly ate through the first serving and asked for more. NOTE: For me to inquire about additional carbs during bathing suit season takes really great bread.

The Lime Restaurant
168 Main Ave
Norwalk. CT

No comments: