Monday, June 22, 2009

High Line

Today my family hit the High Line for a little late Father's Day celebration. My step-dad is a huge design buff so it was perfect. Long story short : if you haven't taken the time to check this out put it at the top of your to do list. Here are some pictures from the day....










Here is the one flaw....

Do you see what's missing? A recycling can! The High Line screams green, and when I had to throw my water bottle in the garbage I felt really guilty. I'm not saying I'm queen green over here, the guilt I felt was actually surprising to me. To be honest, the only thing I've been known to recycle is boyfriends, but in that setting it just felt wrong to throw away a plastic bottle. And one would think that if the City of New York is going to open a mile and a half long elevated park, today, that they would implement recycling cans. I mean, heck, the Chelsea Market (right next store) has 'em. Come on NYC. Get on the ball.

No comments: