Monday, April 6, 2009

Wanderlust




I've spent some time in Asia. And I will admit, that while there, the conversation of becoming an expat came up. Numerous times. So I can relate with Elizabeth Kiester's story. Just months ago Elizabeth was a fixture in the New York City fashion scene. Her resume includes editor of Mademoiselle, Seventeen, and Jane, and most recently the creative director at LeSportsac. So then what happened? She went to Cambodia for a 2 week volunteer trip with an NGO, Globe Aware, and never returned. Now she has opened up a shop in Siem Reap, Cambodia in a 1929 French Colonial home where she sells hand made art, local goods, and a clothing collection made and designed by Kiester herself. She has created this whole life there, the entire time continuing to give back to the community by donating a portion of her profits to a NGO in Siem Reap. Sounds like my kind of fabulous fairy tale. And the beauty of all of this is that I was able to attend the Wanderlust trunk show today and meet Kister myself. The product did not disappoint and not a soul left empty handed. Now if only we could get her to open a Wanderlust in NYC.

So, what did I get? This amazing black kimono dress that I intend on living in. This picture does it NO justice.


1 comment:

Mrs SMITH STEPHANIE said...


How I Got My Loan From A Genuine And Reliable Loan Company

My name is Mrs SMITH STEPHANIE. I live in Singapore and I am from India i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $100,000,00 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to MR IBRAHIM MUSA,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at (powerfinance7@gmail.com)

1. Your Full names:_______
2. Contact address:_______
3. Country Of Residence:______
4. Loan Amount Required:________
5. Duration:_____
6. Gender:_____
7. Occupation:________
8. Monthly Income:_______
9. Date Of Birth:________
10.Telephone Number:__________

Regards.
Managements
Email Him at: powerfinance7@gmail.com