Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kelly Cutrone


I don't throw the term heroine around often, yet when trying to come up with a single word to describe Kelly Cutrone its the only one I feel does her justice. Every girl could take a page out of Cutrone's book and I am happy to report that I'm not the only one who felt that way. The female power house behind People's Revolution has signed on with HarperCollins to write a Girls Guide to Life and Power, set to publish January of 2010. Personally knowing where she came from, both Cutrone and I got our start working at Susan Blond PR, I can tell you with confidence that she knows how to play the game to have gotten where she is. When asked for comment Cutrone told The New York Observer, "It's not like a how-to book so much as a kind of power girl's guide...It’s a real girl’s guide to the real fucking world. Sex and the City was a lot of frosting. I like Candace, and I think she’s a good writer, but this isn’t four girls holding hands running around New York. It’s the real thing.” ... that right there is exactly why Kelly Cutrone is a heroine.

Attention Kelly:
I'm graduating in May, armed with a business degree, closet full of black, and a killer rolodex. Just tell me where you want me.

No comments: