Monday, April 6, 2009

Grey Gardens


Last night I had the honor of having dinner with my beautifully talented friend Hanny. You know how some houses have great energy? Well... her artist cottage... lets just say I plan on dropping out of society for a week or two and involving myself in some serious art therapy. Over carrot soup, cheese, and wine, we got into a conversation about self expression and the response that you receive from others. I couldn't help but think about my words... my blog and those mysterious 16 chapters, written by someone I barely recognize now. What happens to your thoughts, your voice, there, out in the universe? And what conclusions did we come to? None, other than once summer hits I'm going to pick up an old 35 mm and retreat to Grey Gardens. And then we ate more cheese.

No comments: