Thursday, April 2, 2009

Crafty Chairs



I'm secretly really crafty and domesticated. I normally don't like to brag about this because I feel it hurts my image. But when I'm alone, in the solace of my room, I knit, cross stitch, paint, decoupage, and even scrap book at times (I know, the last one is the WORST!). Even though I currently have about 5 unfinished projects going, I think I've found my next undertaking in Martha Stewart's Living Magazine.



Tools and Materials

  • Chairs*
  • Kraft paper
  • Pencil
  • Craft knife (or scissors)
  • Cutting mat
  • Sturdy patterned paper
  • Decoupage glue
  • Foam brush
  • Bone folder


Decorative Chair Backs How-To

1. Unscrew chair back. Lay it on kraft paper. Trace outline with pencil (press chair back against paper as you trace to account for curve).

2. Cut out template with craft knife, using a cutting mat.

3. Place patterned paper facedown on cutting mat. Place kraft-paper template on top, and trace. Cut out.

*It listed that the chairs were available at Ikea but the link they had featured was deactivated and I was unable to find them on their website.

No comments: