Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bad habits.


TRUE STORY:
For years I've used the same face wash, Clean & Clear daily pore cleanser ( you know, the one with the "micro-scrubbers"). Literally, I have been addicted to this stuff since I was about 12 years old. I've never really had bad skin, never super great, oily combination skin I think is the technical term. And for the past 12 years, twice a day, I have been scrubbing the F out of my skin with this stuff. Then about a month ago I was reading an article (can't remember where) about a girl that her entire life was using the wrong face wash... this girl is ME! First off I shouldn't have been using an exfoliant twice a day. My dermatologist told me this a couple of years ago but it didn't stop me. Second, this Clean and Clear stuff was drying out my skin so much that it was causing my face to produce WAY too much oil to compensate, hence my life time of oily skin. Imagine that. So take this as a cautionary tale girls... Make sure you are using the right face wash! Habits are hard to break. Question your routine. It may do your face some good! So, what am I using now? St.Ives Olive Cleanser and I love it!

1 comment:

nicko said...

i'm so glad i'm not 16 anymore and don't have to worry about that shit. everybody remembers how awesome being young was, easily forgetting bullshit like the importance of facewash, lol.