Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Riviera Maya


I just got back from 7 days with my family on the Riviera Maya. It was the perfect escape from this absolutely miserable weather. We had hot sunny days and breezy nights. It could not have been better. We ate our way through Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Chichen Itza, and Playa del Carmen or as the locals say just 'playa'. I drank mojitos by day and the most amazing cappuccinos by night. I had a Water Melon mojito at M.B. in the Aqua hotel that was, hands down, the most amazing thing I have ever tasted. I got to have locally made Tequila Ice Cream which was a first! It goes without saying that I ate my weight in both seafood and taco's and I wasn't disappointed once! But lets be honest, there is no comparing a Caribbean lobster to a Maine lobster... All the lobster tail in the world doesn't compare to a lobster-roll at Allison's in Kennebunkport. All in all it was a great trip. Now I'm just patiently waiting for summer so I can rock all the embroidered Mexican dresses I got!

No comments: