Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kat Burki Home

Rarely do I walk into a store and fall in love, but tonight at Kat Burki Home in Southport, my experience can only be described as that. I attended a cocktail party at the newly opened store as a part of the town of Southports annual Holiday Stroll. As soon as I walked in the door I was hit with the most amazing scent of tuberose, which was coming from Kat Burki's signature scented candles (there is also a soap!). After I secured a candle I made my way around the two levels of Kat Burki's custom designed furniture. Kat Burki, a Westport resident, is an interior decorator turned designer who had to take creating the perfect pieces for her clients into her own hands. Every piece was elegant yet livable, which makes sense since she has spent years developing clients visions into reality.

Kat Burki Home
340 Pequot Ave
Southport

www.Katburkihome.com


Lauren Henry is the store manager.

No comments: